Freelance and spare-time programmer, mainly embedded stuff.
Old-timer, started in 1976 (Tandy TRS-80).
Assembler, C/C++, a little Java, PHP, and various others on the side. C programming, static code checking and build concepts are specialties, as are the tools involved (PC Lint, QA-C, PolySpace, GNU make, ...)
Mostly using Win7 these days; some Linux, and many things Cygwin. Geek interests: Operating systems, compiler construction and code generation, networking, security and privacy.
Top Network Posts
- 41Is there a useful case using a switch statement without braces?
- 18How can I restore analog pictures destroyed by airport X-Rays?
- 14Can the type difference between constants 32768 and 0x8000 make a difference?
- 14What C program behaves differently in run-time when compiled with C89 and C99?
- 10Is there a practical use for a `volatile restrict` pointer?
- 9Does an observable difference exist using `unsigned long` and `unsigned int` in C (or C++) when both are 32 bits wide?
- 7Can the type difference between constants 32768 and 0x8000 make a difference?
- View more network posts →